Fried rice with Santo Amaro Sardines
Cooking time: 40 minutes
What is a classic way to serve sardines? Fried rice! A healthy and easy recipe that youll want to prepare again and again.
For 2 servings:
- 1 can of Santo Amaro Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1 cup of boiled vegetables -carrots, peas
- 2 scrambled eggs, browned and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
Place oil in a frying pan and add the onion, garlic and bell pepper, brown over high heat and add rice.
The secret to this recipe is using day old rice, it’s even better. Add the soy sauce, vegetables and egg, brown and leave for 2 more minutes over high heat.
Finally, add the chives and a little salt and pepper if necessary. Serve in a bowl and place the sardines over the rice. You can accompany this dish with a fresh salad.